Finally I managed to visit Scotland. I was lucky to be accompanied by my brother. We climbed Ben Nevis and walked about half way down the West Highland Way. In one word, beautifulandinspiring. If you are planning a trip along the West Highland Way, definitely check out www.west-highland-way.co.uk.
Bellow is our rough itinerary and a couple of photos. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend any of the accommodation we stayed in along the West Highland Way. SYHA Youth Hostel in Glasgow is amazing. Rooms in Easy Hotel are more of a wardrobe with a shower in it, but we were aware of that. The rooms are clean though and fine as a low cost accommodation over night.
- 22 September (Saturday): Arriving to Edinburgh in the evening, night spent in Easy Hotel Edinburgh (55.95081,-3.204446), £27.5 per person, no breakfast.
- 23 September (Sunday): Morning train to Glasgow (£12.5 per person), afternoon transfer to Fort William (£22 per person, bus 914 at 17:00 from Buchanan Bus Station lat 55.862681, lon -4.253254, arrived to Fort William at 20:08), night spent in Glen Nevis Youth Hostel (56.799703,-5.06768), £27.5 per person, no breakfast.
- 24 September (Monday): Climbed Ben Nevis, Night in Glen Nevis Youth Hostel again.
- 25 September (Tuesday): Walked to Kinlochleven (25 km), night spent in Edencoille B&B (56.712341,-4.971582), £35 per person.
- 26 September (Wednesday): Walked from Kinlochleven to Inveroran (31 km), night spent in Hotel Inveroran (56.532962,-4.807463), £44 per person
- 27 September (Thursday): Walked from Inveroran to Crianlarich (25 km), night spent in Inverardran Guest House Bed and Breakfast, (56.389405,-4.606426), £28 per person.
- 28 September (Friday): Morning bus from Crianlarich to Glasgow (£16.90 per person), night spent in Glasgow Youth Hostel (55.869027,-4.28102), £20 (per person), no breakfast.
- 29 September (Saturday): Morning train to Edinburgh (£12.5), sightseeing, night spent in Easy Hotel Edinburgh (55.95081,-3.204446), £27.5 (per person), no breakfast.
- 30 September (Sunday): Transfers back home.